If you need to dispose of heavy and bulky materials, then you should consider hiring a low-sided container for waste management. Domestic skips are more often suitable for dense materials because they are low-sided so you can load them easily and quickly with smaller skips at less risk of overloading. Read our waste management tips blog for more advice.
Waste Management Tips
- Make sure that you have enough space for your skip. Skip hire suitable for projects of all sizes, but you also need to think about where the skip will go, and access for the large vehicles we use to collect and deliver them. Ask us for advice if you think access may be an issue.
- Do not block access to driveways and entrances, you must choose somewhere legal, safe and suitable for your skip – preferably on your own property.
- You need to plan your project carefully. Ordering your skip in advance lets you choose the most suitable one in plenty of time.
- Planning ahead allows you to keep your skip hire costs low, by avoiding of exceeding the hire period.
- Overloading your skip may let you to complete your project sooner but it is illegal. Skip hire is your responsibility, so it is down to you to sort it if waste cannot be transported away safely.
- Start with light materials at the bottom of your skip, and gradually work your way up to heavier items at the top. Smaller materials can be used to fill gaps so you can squeeze in as much waste as possible to create a level surface below or to the maximum fill level.
Martlands Skip Hire
With a choice of skips and our own recycling centre, with Martlands Skip Hire you can be sure that we can help you to deal with everything when it comes to waste. We can take care of all the necessary arrangements for you – including obtaining a council permit for skip placement on the road if one is required – and our staff are friendly, helpful and approachable. So, if you need skip hire in the North West, we can help. Call Martlands on one of our local numbers below for more details:-
Ormskirk Skip Hire 01704 779345
Southport Skip Hire 01704 779345
Skelmersdale Skip Hire 01695 769123
Bamber Bridge Skip Hire 01772 364 399
Chorley Skip Hire 01257 752399
Leyland Skip Hire 01772 364399